Claiming a Prize
Prizes up to and including $1,000 can be claimed at lottery retailers offering the service. Check with the retailer to ensure they have sufficient cash to pay the prize.
Winners of prizes over $1,000 may claim their prize at a Prize Payout office or mail in their tickets for claim. See below for more information on these options.
If you are at greater risk of COVID-19 infection, or if you are showing symptoms, please use the mail-in claim method, regardless of your prize amount.
Claiming at a Prize Office:
You must have an appointment to make a claim at a prize office. To make an appointment, please contact your nearest prize office. You will be asked a series of questions; please have your ticket ready. Please note that prizes will not be paid during your appointment, but will be ready at a later date.
St. Albert Prize Payout Office: 780-447-8616
Calgary Prize Payout Office: 403-663-8301
(call from 8:30 am to 3 pm local time, Monday through Friday)
Saskatoon Prize Payout Office: 306-975-0831
Regina Prize Payout Office: 306-780-9355
Please note: Appointments at the Saskatoon and Regina prize offices are currently open only to Saskatchewan residents.
Winnipeg Prize Payout Office: 204-946-1930
Claiming By Mail:
All prizes can be claimed by mailing tickets to:
Western Canada Lottery Corporation
10th Floor, 125 Garry Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4J1
- Make sure you call Customer Care at 1-800-665-3313 during our normal business hours (7:30 am MT to 4:30 pm MT/ 8:30 am CT to 5:30 pm CT) Monday to Friday before sending in any claim worth more than $1,000.
- Please clearly print your legal name, address and daytime telephone number on the Claim Form on the back of the ticket.
- All risks of sending tickets through the mail remain with the player. You can take a scan or photocopy for your records, but the original ticket is required for claim.
- Depending on the amount won, a copy of your identification may be required.
- To process larger prizes, we may need to connect with you remotely to complete necessary interviews and paperwork. The process for claiming a prize remotely will be explained to you thoroughly during the prize payout process. We appreciate your patience during this time.
How to claim based on prize amount:
|Prizes||At Retail||By Mail||Prize Payout Office||Additional Information|
|Up to $100||✔||✔||Prizes up to $100 are automatically validated when scanned by a lottery terminal, and retailers are required to pay these prizes, or to make arrangements to do so.|
|Over $100 to $1,000||✔||✔||Ask the retailer if they have available cash to pay your prize. Lottery retailers are not obligated to pay prizes over $100. If a ticket wins $100.01 or more, the retailer can cancel the validation, and direct you to claim your prize at another retailer or by mail.*|
|$1,001 to $9,999.99||✔||✔||Call your nearest prize office for instructions. You may also call Customer Care at 1-800-665-3313 for more information.|
|$10,000 and over||✔||✔||Call your nearest prize office for instructions. You may also call Customer Care at 1-800-665-3313 for more information.|
Make sure that your ticket is signed and complete the Claim Form on the back.
*Stores or franchises may choose not to redeem prizes of over $100 for a variety of reasons, which may include security concerns about keeping large amounts of cash on the premises. Lottery retailers are independent businesses, and we respect their right to make such decisions.
UPDATE REGARDING TICKET EXPIRY:
In recognition that the measures being put in place to help slow the spread of COVID-19 may have affected your ability to make a prize claim on a winning ticket, we are extending ticket expiry dates for any ticket that would have expired beginning March 17, 2020. Visit our COVID-19 Pandemic Response page for more information.