Canada's Big Jackpot Game!
- You receive three seven-number Selections for $5. You can select one set of numbers, and the Ticket Terminal selects another two.
- Jackpots start at a minimum of $10 million and can grow to $70 million!
- When the LOTTO MAX Jackpot exceeds $50 million, additional MAXMILLIONS draws will occur with prizes of $1 million each!
- For an additional $1 per play, you can add EXTRA for a chance to win the $250,000 top prize or $100,000 second prize!
Playing LOTTO MAX by Quick Pick or Selection Slip
- You can play LOTTO MAX by Quick Pick, where the Ticket Terminal will randomly choose your selections, or pick your own numbers using a Selection Slip. You can also choose Play Both to receive the same selections on LOTTO MAX and WESTERN MAX. Refer to the Play Both box below for more information.
- Ask for a LOTTO MAX Quick Pick or select seven numbers from a field of 1 to 50 on the slip. For each $5 LOTTO MAX purchase, you will also receive two additional Quick Picks. You can purchase up to five LOTTO MAX on one ticket.
- Add EXTRA for an additional $1 per number*. You can add up to five EXTRA (one per each LOTTO MAX purchase) by specifying it with your Quick Pick request or by marking “Yes” under each board played.
- Play 1-25 draws. Tell the retailer how many draws or mark the number on the slip. For a number not shown, leave it blank, and the retailer can enter any number from 1-25. Learn about Advance Play.
*The EXTRA number(s) is valid for the same draw date(s) as the host game listed at the top of the ticket.
More Ways to Play!
Learn about the convenience of Lotto Packs or play your favourite numbers in combinations with Combo Play.
In Manitoba, tickets can be purchased online at PlayNow.com.
About the Draws
- LOTTO MAX draws are held every Tuesday and Friday.
- Tickets can be purchased until 9:30 pm CT, 8:30 pm MT and 7:30 pm PT on the date of the draw.
When the LOTTO MAX Jackpot exceeds $50 million, MAXMILLIONS draws will occur. MAXMILLIONS and the jackpot will continue to grow until the jackpot reaches $70 million. Once this happens, only MAXMILLIONS can grow.
That means each line of numbers will have additional chances to win! Every LOTTO MAX selection on your ticket can be compared to all sets of MAXMILLIONS numbers for that draw.
To win or share a MAXMILLIONS prize, you must exactly match all seven numbers on one line of your ticket; there are no subsidiary prizes.
Any jackpot or MAXMILLIONS prizes not won will carry over to the jackpot (or MAXMILLIONS prizes, if applicable) for the subsequent draw. However, please note that the rollover does not take into account any guarantee which the ILC may have given as to the jackpot or MAXMILLIONS.
Odds of Winning
To win a prize, numbers matched must appear in the same selection (line).
|7 of 7||Win or share Jackpot of at least $10 Million* (87.25% of Pools Fund**)||1: 33,294,800|
|6 of 7+Bonus||Share of 2.5% of Pools Fund**||1: 4,756,400|
|6 of 7||Share of 2.5% of Pools Fund**||1: 113,248|
|5 of 7+Bonus||Share of 1.5% of Pools Fund**||1: 37,749|
|5 of 7||Share of 3.5% of Pools Fund**||1: 1,841|
|4 of 7+Bonus||Share of 2.75% of Pools Fund**||1: 1,105|
|4 of 7||$20**||1: 82.9|
|3 of 7+Bonus||$20**||1: 82.9|
|3 of 7||Free Play** (three quick pick selections)||1: 8.5|
|7 of 7||Win or Share $1 Million||1: 33,294,800|
*The maximum amount any single LOTTO MAX jackpot will reach is $70 million. When the funds allocated to the 7/7 prize category exceed $50 million, the 7/7 Pools Fund shall be divided into (a) a main Jackpot prize of $50 million, and (b) a variable number of $1 million prizes. These additional sets of numbers must be matched exactly to win; no subsidiary prizes will be offered.
**The fixed prizes for 3 of 7, 3 of 7+Bonus and 4 of 7 are payable from the Prize Fund (a minimum of 48% of sales). The balance remaining is the Pools Fund, from which all other pari-mutuel shares of prizes are paid.
Odds of winning any prize are approximately one in 7.0
All odds are approximate.
LOTTO MAX Free Plays
- If you win a LOTTO MAX Free Play you will receive a ticket with three seven-number Quick Pick selections - whether it's won on a regular LOTTO MAX ticket or a Combo Play ticket. You can add one EXTRA number for an additional $1.
- If you win four or more Free Plays on a ticket, they will be printed on more than one ticket for multiple draws. See the chart below.
|Free Plays||Ticket 1||Ticket 2||Ticket 3|
|1||1 selection for 1 draw|
|2||1 selection for 1 draw||1 selection for 1 draw|
|3||1 selection for 1 draw||1 selection for 1 draw||1 selection for 1 draw|
|4||1 selection for 2 draws||1 selection for 1 draw||1 selection for 1 draw|
|5||1 selection for 2 draws||1 selection for 2 draws||1 selection for 1 draw|
|6||1 selection for 2 draws||1 selection for 2 draws||1 selection for 2 draws|
|7||1 selection for 3 draws||1 selection for 2 draws||1 selection for 2 draws|
|8||1 selection for 3 draws||1 selection for 3 draws||1 selection for 2 draws|
And so on....
For more LOTTO MAX FAQs click here.