Buying And Checking Tickets
Just follow these simple steps!
1. Buy it. Sign it.
- Always fill your Selection Slip in PENCIL. Using ink can cause build up in the Ticket Terminal and it may not be able to read your Selection Slip properly.
- When buying your lottery ticket, check before leaving the store to ensure you have all the tickets you paid for, and that they are correct.
- Legibly print or sign your legal name on your ticket(s) as soon as possible after purchase. Printing your legal name on your ticket identifies it as yours, and retailers cannot check tickets without a name.
- Other than printing your name or your group trustee's name on the ticket and filling out the Claim form on the back, don't write or mark anything else on the front or back of the ticket. If you win a prize that must be claimed from a Prize Office, any additional markings must be investigated and may delay payment.
2. Check it!
Use the Ticket Checkers at your lottery retailer.
Step 1: Wait for the message, "CHECK YOUR TICKETS HERE".
Step 2: Insert the bar code under the red light - the bar code is located at the bottom of the ticket or under the latex in the play area for SCRATCH 'N WIN.
Step 3: Move the bar code slowly through the light, until you hear a BEEP. Prize information will then appear on the screen.
You can also check your tickets with one of these methods.
- Compare your numbers to the winning numbers on our website.
- Sign up for our MVP Service and have DAILY GRAND, LOTTO MAX, WESTERN MAX, LOTTO 6/49 and WESTERN 649 winning numbers emailed to you.
- Download the free Lottery Manager app and use the new ticket checker feature.
- You can find winning numbers in Luck Magazine available, free, at retail.
- Check the winning numbers printed and posted at retail.
- Call the Winning Numbers Lines for the most recent numbers:
- Edmonton (780) 459-5100
- Calgary (403) 275-8101
- Regina (306) 525-0591
- Saskatoon (306) 244-1780
- Winnipeg (204) 780-5825
3. Get it back!
All tickets checked at retail are returned to you, as well as the Validation Slip. Paid tickets are torn in two; all other tickets are returned in one piece.
So, when you have your ticket checked at a lottery retailer, they will first check to see if your name is on the ticket. The clerk will then scan your ticket.
- If it’s a winner, you'll hear “Cha-ching, Woo-hoo!” and the prize amount will be appear on the monitor that faces you. For prizes over $1,000, the trumpet fanfare and "please do not tear the ticket" are heard.
- If your ticket is a non-winner, or is worth a prize the retailer cannot pay, your ticket will be returned to you in one piece along with the Validation Slip.
For prizes of $10,000 or more, the terminal will temporarily freeze and the monitor will display important prize claim information. While at the location, you will register your win with WCLC and be given instructions.
For prize claim instructions, please call us at 1-800-665-3313 to speak with a Customer Care Representative. We’re available Monday to Friday from 7:30 am MT to 4:30 pm MT.